Several months ago I got the help of Gabe and then Brendan (my sons) to finish fences that the contractor, Rodney, who built the barn and other fences, was no longer available for. We overcame inexperience and ended up with some pretty good fences! Filled with do-it-yourself spirit, I plunged into the next thing on my home-improvement list.
The last couple months Brendan and I have been working on transforming the unfinished garage into a finished workshop. It has been quite an experience, with the level of expertise we started with being minimal. The garage door runners made things especially tricky, as well as the varying distances between each stud and beam. Learning the hard way is sometimes the most gratifying.